Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mermaids and Starfish

Someone at work suggested I get a whimsical tattoo - like a mermaid.


I'd get it on my low back.

I like the idea for a few reasons.

The colors would be nice.

Aqua colors - light blues and greens and silver.

I love the ocean, although it doesn't always love me back (refer to the June 5th, "Don't Learn This The Hard Way - Surfing Is Not Easy" post).

I'm a Virgo, which is the earth element. I probably could use some water in me somewhere. Maybe if I add water I'll grow some orchids on the inside (refer to the May 19th, "My White Orchid" post).

When I meditate, I almost always see myself diving deep into the ocean and swimming and swimming without having to breathe and eventually becoming the blue water.

Sometimes I see myself leaping out of the water and becoming the planets and stars.

A mermaid holding a starfish! Or surrounded by starfish ...silver starfish ...

But I almost always dive into the ocean in meditation.

And sushi is my absolute favorite. Mermaids eat sushi, right?

My favorite Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. I relate to Ariel. I sang Sebastian's "Kiss the Girl" for ages after watching that movie. I think I even got the soundtrack for that song.

For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, Sebastian is a crab and he was singing about a human too shy to kiss Ariel. Sha la la la la la my o my, look like the boy too shy, he gonna miss the girl ...whoa, whoa! I think Sebastian had a Jamaican accent. Makes sense for a guy singing about lost love.

Maybe my low back is too risky. What about a tiny one on my ankle? Or maybe just some silver starfish on my ankle ...

Something to think about.
 
Let me know if you think I should do it or you think I've gone off the deep end - ha!

1 comment:

  1. the description of your meditation is absolutely beautiful. i'd love to become one with the blue ocean water, so peaceful. yes get the tattoo if you're okay with the pain, remember when i got mine? i'm thinking of getting one too on my lower back but haven't decided what yet.

    loved the little mermaid! and no you haven't gone off the deep end (good choice of words there for your post).

    ReplyDelete