Monday, November 9, 2015

Let's Make a Beautiful Life

I had a dream the other night that there was a slug on the bed as I, Detlef and Rafael slept. On further inspection, it wasn't a slug, but a stingray.

I thought, OK, a stingray isn't gross and slimy, the way I perceived a slug. It's beautiful. But I didn't know what it was doing on my bed, so I kept watching.

Then there was another stingray reaching out to the first stingray. They were interacting some way, and I couldn't tell if they were being nice to each other, or mean. If it was awful, or beautiful.

I think it means we can choose what we want to be, beautiful or mean. They're both available to us, and every moment, we choose.

We can be a slug (no offense to slugs ...) or we can be a stingray.

All of life is happening in our head. We decide our story. And that doesn't mean we can manipulate the external part of our lives to whatever conditions we want. It means we can react in a mean way or a beautiful way, and decide a mean life, or a beautiful life.

We can make every moment beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment