Wednesday, March 14, 2018

So Many Seeds

When it got frigid a few weeks ago, in the negative digits, I found the bird feeder I had in the shed and finally put it out on a tree limb.

It took the birds a long time to find it, and when they finally did, the squirrels discovered it too.  I didn't do anything to discourage the squirrels because, they need to eat too ...

I refilled the feeder a few times but hardly ever saw anyone eating there. Then a few days ago, I caught sight of a squirrel. He'd climbed above the feeder, then turned around and hung upside down to get the seeds.

He was there a long time, then finally, he got the feeder to spill half the seeds to the ground. He was thrilled to see so much food, like he'd won the squirrel lottery.

I thought, the squirrel doesn't know the world is full of seeds. Much of it conveniently packaged at the supermarket for a very reasonable price, and I will get this squirrel more, soon.

Then I thought, maybe this is how God, or Universal Energy, or however you want to think of it, sees us. 

When we worry whether we'll have enough, maybe God is looking at us as if we were the squirrels, and saying, there's so much. I will be giving you so much more soon ...you will always have enough and there is always so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment