Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Do You Feel "Crazed" By The Holidays? Me Neither

Why is there so much out there about staying "sane" through the holidays?

What is so "crazy" about the holidays?

Is anyone really crazy because of the holidays?

Isn't shopping for gifts a couple of clicks? And also a lot of fun?

And if you choose to go out and shop brick and mortar, or support local retailers, that's because you find it enjoyable, not stressful, or you wouldn't do it.

Similarly, what is everyone always trying to "heal" from?

Are we all that ill all the time that it's constantly time to heal?

I turned to Google today to find a yoga practice, and everyone wanted to help me to heal. I don't need to heal. I'm good. I just want to do some yoga.

I stuck with my own daily routine.

Time to "heal" and de-stressing from holiday "craziness" are people trying to convince you to give them your money. That's fine if you want what they're selling. What bugs me is that they're trying to convince us there's something wrong with us to get our money. It's disingenuous, not to mention underhanded and lazy. There are better, honest ways to sell what you're offering.

I think the holidays are fun. And I don't stress about them. I enjoy them. There are lots of fun events out and about we can participate in that have nothing to do with healing and de-stressing (am I starting to sound like Larry David? There will be no learning and no hugging ...)

The message that we need to heal and de-stress implies we lack something, and we don't. We have everything we need. We are magnificent in every way.

Happy holidays to all!




No comments:

Post a Comment