Monday, December 2, 2019

Respect

In a moment of meditation recently, I was sitting in the clouds looking back at my life. I wanted to know the impact I'd had on the world during my time here.

I thought what I saw would have to do with meditation, that I would see the people I've in some miniscule way inspired or encouraged to meditate and the impact it's had on their lives.

But that isn't at all what I saw.

Instead, I saw people I'd worked with who I'd had to stand up to and set boundaries around. A friend I ghosted because it was clear she was no friend. Family members I have little to do with because that's what's best for me. Ex-boyfriends whose invitations on social platforms I've ignored.

What I saw was the impact that my having set boundaries had on these people in my life. They held no animus toward me. Instead, they learned something from it.To respect oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment