Friday, September 17, 2010

It's My Birthday

Today is my 40th birthday.


Don't ask me why - I think it's hysterical I'm 40 and I couldn't be happier.

I've scaled a mountain and now I get to stand at the top and be awed by the view.

People have been asking me if I'm doing anything special, because it's a "special" birthday.

Not one for letting opportunities pass me by, I've been trying to think of "special" things to do.

What would be special?

Dinner at a "nice" restaurant?

Who cares about fancy schmancy?

That doesn't make me happy.

Maybe I can't think of anything special to do because I don't wait for a birthday to do what I want.

It's like Omkar says when it's raining - today is a good day to do yoga. And what Omkar says when it's sunny - today is a good day to do yoga.

Every day is a good day to do something special.

Maybe I don't need "special" things because I have the best stuff already - the people in my life.

If I've learned anything it's to spend as little time as possible with people you don't like and as much time as you can with people you do.

Soon everyone in your life is amazing.

And when someone who's a drag comes along you can recognize their dragginess right away and move on.

Forty is good so far. I like it.

Robert wants to be sure I have the best birthday ever, so he's been asking me what he can do, where he can take me.

I don't care. As long as I get to hold his hand, wherever we are is exactly where I want to be.

3 comments:

  1. those are two things we should all remember:
    1. treat each day as special because it is.
    2. don't waste precious time with people you don't like and who don't wish the best for you. they suck the lifeblood out of you.

    btw, where did you end up going? i know you said it doesn't matter but just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me :)

    xox, my birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete