Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Valentine, Good Times Never Seemed So Good ...

Hello, my lovely, blog-reading, Valentine's-day-loving, marshmallow-filled peeps.

Speaking of peeps, have you ever roasted a peep? I can't remember if I've done this or saw it on TV. I think it was TV. In fact, I think it might even have been a big-deal chef …

I know you're thinking it sounds gross and ridiculous, but it turns out the sugar on the outside gets caramelized and amazing, while the marshmallow on the inside gets perfectly melty. Trust me - you gotta try it. Could be a nice dessert for your Valentine if she/he is not easily grossed out. You have to have the stomach for this level of sweet. Don't go in unprepared.

And if there is no current Valentine in your life, then be your own Valentine and make it for your lovely, amazing, gorgeous, rock-star, bad-ass self. If no one else tells you today, I love you!

It is Valentine's day and, even though it's late, I feel I should give some advice to my readers with Valentines.

If you're a guy, don't:

• Give her lingerie. This is so for you and not her and you're not fooling anyone and you're a cheap YRB (that's "yellow rat bastard" for the uninitiated) if you buy something for yourself, wrap it up and tell her it's for her. She might thank you and even look pleased, but trust me, she's not. And it's getting stored in her mental filing cabinet.

• Get her a card with lots of sappy writing in it and sign your name. Everyone involved knows this is a cop out. Write (better yet, say) what you feel without relying on Hallmark to do it for you. True love is fearless.

• Skip the holiday all together and say it's a marketing gimmick for the chocolate industry and we're too smart to fall for this manufactured excuse to take money out of our pockets. We're aware what it is, and we don't care.

Do:

• Send her roses. Lots of roses. Big, fat gorgeous roses. She'll love them. And they have to be red. None of that pink or white nonsense.

• Get her a blank card or one with little writing and write your own thoughts/feelings for her in it.

• Make her dinner or take her out to dinner. Something special must be done, or else, filing cabinet …

If you're a girl, don't:

• Not get him anything because it's Valentine's and the guy should get the girl something and not the other way around. Guys are people too and everyone likes a present.

I know, there's more guidance for guys than girls, but that's because I don't want to preach to the choir.

OK, my sweet Valentines. Enjoy the day, open your heart and let your love come out.

I love you all =)

2 comments:

  1. VALENTINE SHMALLENTINES !!! BUT GREAT BLOG !

    ReplyDelete
  2. great advice, have to try the roasted peeps!!!!

    ReplyDelete