Tuesday, February 15, 2011

In the Palm of my Hand

So, my yummy, fuzzy, blog-reading bunnies, I'm torn.

Tonight, I could go to a meeting with some Buddhists to talk about the limitless mind.

Or, I could watch the producer's cut of the "Last Dinner" epsiode of the Crazy Housewives of Beverly Hills.

What should I do?

What would you do?

Buddhism? Or reality TV?

Cease the machinations of the mind to experience its expansive, peaceful nature? Or hop it all up on mind crack?

It's a tough call but, who are we kidding?

I think we all know what I'm going to do.

Reality TV is bubble gum and facing my mind without distractions is ...not bubble gum. It's better in the long run, I know, but there is something to be said for instant gratification.

And, reality TV does have its moments. I mean legitimately thought-provoking, profound, freaking amazing moments.

I'm referring specifically to a recent episode of one of my favorites in the franchise, the Crazy Housewives of Atlanta.

One of the women, Kim, is preggers. She'd gone to a palm reader, Rose, a few seasons ago, and Rose told her she'd have a baby 6 or 7 years separated from her youngest child.

At the time Kim was with this older, married guy she calls "Big Poppa." I know, I know - it’s reality TV, what do you want?

Point is, Kim is now pregnant with her new boyfriend, whom she didn't even know when she'd gone to see Rose and gotten the pregnancy prediction. She had no plans to become pregnant, but still, it was in her hand and Rose saw it. And the new baby will be born 7 years after her youngest child.

This is a revelation. The kind of proof I'm always looking for.

How could Rose have seen this future event if it hadn't been planned by Kim or someone, sometime, somewhere before she was born?

How could it have been legible in her hand if it hadn't been planned?

Does it mean that for all our struggling, our asking, our planning, that certain things are going to happen without our control or willingness? Good things, even?

Does it mean other people's plans are intertwined with ours? People we don't even know yet?

Is there a palm out there with me in it? Is someone in mine?

Does it mean the people we meet are the people we're supposed to meet? That they're in our hands from birth?

Because Kim's baby daddy didn't know Kim when she went to see Rose, but his future was in her palm. I know this for sure because I saw the episode where they met - and these two did not know each other beforehand.

Does it mean I can stop blaming myself for not having everything a person my age should have at this point in her life?

Can I give it a mother fucking rest?

You can't get this stuff from meeting with a bunch of Buddhists. With Buddhists it's all pain and suffering. Maybe I should go meet with the Buddhists and bring up the Crazy Housewives and ask them what they think.

Maybe I should start a new group - a reality TV discussion group.

You know you'd come …the Fuzzy Bunny Blog-reading Reality TV Discussion Group. I can see us meeting in Barnes&Noble, sipping cappuccinos and expounding on our favorite crazy housewives.

Anyhoo, let me know if you've ever had your palm read/future told and the predictions came true =)

1 comment:

  1. "Does it mean the people we meet are the people we're supposed to meet? That they're in our hands from birth? " yes
    "Does it mean I can stop blaming myself for not having everything a person my age should have at this point in her life?" yes, and who determines what anyone should have at a certain point in his/her life? society? that's a bunch of BS!
    yes, i've had my future read and yes, without going into details it has come to be,

    ReplyDelete