Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You Are So Much More Amazing Than You Know

I had an amazing dream this morning.

I was at my parents' house getting ready to do a handstand in front of the family. I'd been working on this posture for a while and wasn't sure if I could do it.

I took it slowly, one step at a time, and went up.

Then I floated off the floor and felt like I was hovering close to the ceiling, then slowly began to fly.

I was moving slowly but my body was definitely off the ground and flying.

My sister Rosa was there and taking pictures with my camera.

When I came down I wanted to confirm that I'd been flying, so I looked at the camera. Rosa hadn't been taking pictures. She'd taken a video and recorded me not just hovering, as I thought I might've been doing, but flying, and for longer and faster than I realized when I was up there.

It was amazing.

I hadn't even been sure I could do a handstand, and I could fly.

I was watching a show on running last night before I went to bed. They said that scientists had said it was impossible to run a four-minute mile. Then someone did and after that, a whole bunch of people did.

The idea had been placed in their heads that they couldn't do it, so they didn't, until the idea was replaced by a new one.

How much more are we stopping ourselves from doing because of someone else's mistaken idea? Their guess, based on what? Their own issues.

What is it you want to do but keep stopping yourself from doing?

We are capable of far more than we allow ourselves to do, but we let our own doubts, past experiences, whatever, keep us on the ground.

What is it you see yourself doing?

Let yourself take flight - I know you can. Somewhere inside you knows it too.

Take it slowly if you need to - one step at a time. Prepare yourself however you need to. But don't not take that first step. You have nothing to lose!

Comment and share what you see yourself doing, my amazing, flying, blog-reading, marshmallowy peeps.

Just writing it down is a first step. If you don't want to comment, then FaceBook me. Get it out there!

If you don't want to FaceBook me, then write it in a journal, the back of some discarded mail, anywhere. But get it out of you and share it.

Who knows who out there is waiting to receive what you have to give?

1 comment:

  1. it's true, we do limit ourselves with our thoughts and the established ideas of what humans can and can't achieve. i'll have to think about what it is i'm stopping myself from doing and let you know.

    ReplyDelete