Tuesday, April 12, 2011

There's No Planning in April

When did I move to Gloomsberg, NJ?


I know it's April and April showers bring May whatever, whatever.

But every day is dark and gloomy anymore. Seems like every day anyway.

The weather is too weird in April.

It's warm and muggy. Then cold and dank.

I barely know which pajamas to wear to bed these nights.

I hate not knowing which pajamas to wear.

If you choose the wrong ones you'll be uncomfortable and have to get up. Turn the light on. Find something else. Change. Get back in bed. Decide whether you made the right choice or whether you'll need to make a second trip to the closet. And then lie there because there's no getting to sleep after all that commotion.

Not getting up and instead suffering in your poorly chosen wardrobe and hoping to be able to sleep despite the discomfort is just an exercise in unhappiness. No one's happy dead tired in bed but too uncomfortable to sleep.

I went to bed in a long-sleeved T-shirt the other night and was hot but too tired to drag myself out of bed and take the two steps to my closet to choose something else.

I also thought the temp could later drop and if I chose something less warm I could regret it down the road.

Always thinking ahead.

So I fell asleep and woke up sweaty shortly thereafter.

So, you plan to wear something more appropriate the next night, but the previous night is no indicator for the next night. The next night is a whole new thing with its own drastically changing temps.

How can one plan in April? One cannot.

I feel like I haven't slept in two days.

Because I haven't slept in two days.

Not well, at least.

I wonder if work production decreases in April because everyone's too tired and cranky.

Do you like April, or feel the way I do about it? Let me know, my lovely, drenched, blog-reading bunnies.

2 comments:

  1. Gloomy fact. Most suicides occur in spring. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the more reason we need to be present for each other. anyone struggling should reach out - there is always someone going through the same thing and wanting to help.

    ReplyDelete