Monday, June 5, 2017

Ego and Soul

As I sit at my desk, looking out the window at the sky that's opened up to let all the water out, and with some time on my hands because little one is sleeping and there isn't much else I can do except give our beleaguered cat some attention, some questions have been bubbling up for me. I'd like to pose them to you, because I'd like to know what your thoughts are.

I've been vaguely aware of these questions for a while, but I hadn't fully articulated them to myself, or done anything to find any answers, until now.

The catalyst that brings them to the forefront is the recent terror attack in London. Three young men with toxic beliefs deciding to do toxic things.

I do believe that if their thoughts were different, if instead of filling their heads with extremism, they filled them with say, kindness, then this would never have happened.

I also believe the thoughts we have that are divisive are a function of ego. Our ego wants to differentiate ourselves from others, and some people take this to extreme levels.

So, we all have an ego. We all have a soul. Some of us are more aware of our ego and soul than others.

Here are my questions ...If the ego wants to separate, and the soul knows we are all one, how does the soul put up with the ego? Do they live in the same space? Where? Will they know each other after the body dies? Is the ego related to the soul? Is the soul just tolerating the ego, like an unpleasant roommate? Does the soul try to teach the ego? What are their respective jobs in our lives?

Please someone answer my questions.

Thank you in anticipation!

RWY


No comments:

Post a Comment