Thursday, November 7, 2013

Do Unto Others

Last night in meditation, I asked about an issue on my mind but something else came up instead - the real issue on my mind.

My partner stood in front of me.

He reached into my chest and pulled my heart out.

I reached into his chest and pulled his heart out.

We stood looking at each other with each other's heart in our hand.

I wondered what would happen next.

Would we drop them to the ground and step on them?

Instead, he placed my heart in his chest.

And I placed his in mine.

How would we all treat each other if we had each other's heart in our chest?

2 comments:

  1. My, dear Yogi, how vivid your meditations and dreams are becoming. I think this meditation so beautifully conveys the real concept of empathy. Empathy has nothing to do with conscious understanding. Empathy, in my most humble opinion, is the ability to feel another person's heart - their joys and their pains, their fails and their triumphs, their fears and their dreams.

    Empathy is such an elusive thing. I do not think we would recognize a world in which we all were truly empathetic with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to thank my guiding spirit (Sivananda) for this beautiful meditation. When I tried to figure out what would happen next, my mind automatically went to stomping on each other's heart ...Sigh, I have much to learn ...

    ReplyDelete